Looks like the fight is over folks......

Thursday, June 18, 2009

GM Attorney Wastes No Time in Fighting F andD Committee

The attorneys for GM wasted no time in filing their objections to recognizing the "Unofficial Family and Dissident GM Bondholders" as a official creditors committee. The hearing is scheduled for June 23 at 9:45 AM.

http://gmcourtdocs.gardencitygroup.com/pdflib/1805_50026.pdf

In my humble opinion the debtor's arguments are weak and not of significant merit. They misconceive the principles of the law. ( I sound so legal). We shall see what the Honorable Judge Gerber has to say on Tuesday, June 23rd. I am guardedly optimistic the F and D GM Bondholders will become an Official Committee. That's just "speculation" of course and I could be incorrect. For the folks following this saga I hope you feel the sarcasm every time I use the word "speculate or speculation".

1 comment:

  1. Talk about harsh rebuttals. It appears when the GM attorneys have no substance to an argument they default to trying to belittle the opposition. I think if we read these documents, we see more clearly the GM culture of “I’m right, you’re wrong”, that has destroyed this once fine company. I for one feel the law is on the side of the “Family and Dissident Bondholder”. They’re right I’m not a lawyer. But I can read. Good luck, I hope all your efforts bring changes and fairness to the table.

    ReplyDelete